Update your Interiors
Spend your weekend updating your interiors – adding plants around the house is a clever way to add a modern touch to your kitchen or bathroom. Alternatively, the summer bank holiday is the perfect time to spend some time in your garden, a great idea if you are planning a family BBQ!
Dinner Party Inspiration
What better way to spend time with family and friends and celebrate the long weekend then over a special dinner? Whether you are having a relaxed BBQ or a more intimate affair – we guarantee this Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mousse will be loved by everyone. Follow our recipe below to make this delicious dessert.
150g Caster Sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt
250g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
250g Caramel Syrup
1. Put the sugar in a very clean pot with water. Bring to a simmer stirring to dissolve the sugar, then continue to cook without stirring for several minutes until it starts to turn golden. While the sugar is caramelizing heat 200ml cream until hot but not boiling.
2. As soon as the sugar is golden remove from the heat and add the hot cream, whisking vigorously. It will froth up madly but keep going until it is a smooth rich caramel.
3. Leave to cool 10 minutes and stir in 1 teaspoon sea salt. Put cream cheese in a food processor with 1 tablespoon sugar and half the caramel. Whiz until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl whip the remaining cream to soft peaks. Fold cream into caramel cream cheese mixture then spoon into 6 serving glasses. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. Decorate with the remaining caramel syrup and toffee popcorn with a sprinkling of sea salt.
Need a break from the indoors?
With some of us chained to our desks all day and all the trappings of technology, we probably don’t spend as much time as we could appreciating Britain’s beautiful countryside – its wonderful woods, mountains and beaches. This August bank holiday, consider packing a picnic and setting off for a hike or long bike ride in you local area and experience nature at its finest!
What to wear this Weekend